An Introduction to GIRFEC and Child Protection
Venue - School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Forth Avenue, Kirkcaldy
Time - 9.30 am to 3.30 pm
Aim - Participants will gain an awareness of issues which might give rise to concerns for children and what they and others can do about it.
- Participants are aware of the main features of the ‘Getting it Right’ approach (GIRFEC).
- Participants understand the range of issues which might signify concerns for a child, including abuse.
- Participants know what to do about concerns for children in terms of GIRFEC and Child Protection processes.
- Participants have an understanding of the current guidance and processes which operate in terms of child welfare within Fife.
Learning Outcomes – oncompletion of this training participants should be able to:
- Identify a range of situations which might give rise to a concern including abuse
- Demonstrate what to do when aware of a concern for a child
- Define the roles, responsibilities and thresholds of key agencies in child welfare and protection
- Explain how the GIRFEC approach can be used to effect early support for children and families
Target Group - For all staff in the public, private and voluntary sectors, including those who have direct, indirect and/or occasional working contact with children, young people and families. It is also relevant to those working in adult services where there is a likelihood that their client base interacts with children.
Available dates -
Monday 20 January 2020
All Fife Council employees should book via the Corporate Learning Management System. The link can be found at the bottom of the FISH home page.
Other partner organisations can book by following the link to our online booking form. Your place will be confirmed by e-mail.
If you require further help with booking please contact the CPC Support Team at email@example.com or 01592 583251
A copy of the full Fife Inter Agency Child Protection Training Programme can be accessed at the link below.
Participants at recent training will have been directed to this page where you can access additional information in the publications at the links below.
You can also access a copy of the current training programme and the training strategy at the links below.